Media:
My Flickr - 1355 Photos (Slideshow)

Recently Added: FSOSS 2007 and Raptors Game.

Archive:
All Hands Team Building Event, Computer History Museum, Intern BBQ, Alcatraz, Napa, San Luis Obispo trip, Santa Cruz trip, Jays game at Giants Stadium, Mountain View tour, Bay Area - Aerial View, Bay 2 Breakers

Videos:
Bay 2 Breakers: Jonas the Dancing Fox (video)
Bay 2 Breakers: Salmon (video)

Friday, May 18, 2007

Prelude

Let me start off by saying that my opportunity to work for Mozilla Corporation completely took me by surprise. I was just sitting around, minding my own business when a great man, one Dave Humphrey, emailed me asking if I wanted to take part in an internship at Mozilla for the summer.

Now at this point, I already had a job lined up. Not a great job, but it paid pretty good. So obviously I had to tip-toe my way into this and give some serious thought as to what I wanted to do.

Ultimately I decided to take the opportunity at Mozilla, and it is an opportunity, a HUGE opportunity. My reasoning behind this was:
  1. I saw it as an awesome experience opportunity.
  2. I had done some volunteer work for Mozilla and saw this as an opportunity to dig deeper.
  3. Icing on the cake: I would get to spend the summer in California.
So why write this blog?

The primary reason is that I want to give back to Seneca College. Since this is an opportunity that was completely unknown to myself, this will give future Seneca students the knowledge to walk down this path without flying blind (or at least let's them know the path exists).

The secondary reason is that I want to have a record of my experiences this summer for my own personal recollection.

My intention with this blog is to give weekly updates on things I have done or experienced, both at the office and extracurricular.

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I expect to enjoy working at Mozilla this summer.

Later days,

ashughes

No comments: