Media:
My Flickr - 1355 Photos (Slideshow)

Recently Added: FSOSS 2007 and Raptors Game.

Archive:
All Hands Team Building Event, Computer History Museum, Intern BBQ, Alcatraz, Napa, San Luis Obispo trip, Santa Cruz trip, Jays game at Giants Stadium, Mountain View tour, Bay Area - Aerial View, Bay 2 Breakers

Videos:
Bay 2 Breakers: Jonas the Dancing Fox (video)
Bay 2 Breakers: Salmon (video)

Thursday, October 25, 2007

FSOSS 07 - Day 1

Well today was rather interesting. It was my first FSOSS (Free Software and Open Source Symposium) and I must say I had a blast. For those of you the may be unfamiliar, Seneca College (based in Toronto, Canada) invites members of the Open Source community to a two day sharing of ideas and information. This year attracted speakers from Mozilla, Facebook, IBM, Microsoft, the Shuttleworth Foundation, and even Rob Young (Red-hat father).

Since there are so many speakers, the event has to be divided into 4 tracks (A,B,C, and a workshop track). I attended talks about usability, Facebook's thrift framework, Open Education in South Africa, OpenKomodo, and of course the Keynote by Rob Young. All of them were very interesting, however I have to give the award of most entertaining speaker to Mr. Young. From looking around the room, I do not think his talk fell on any deaf ears. Everyone in the room gave 100% attention to him for the entire hour (especially when he was asked his opinion of Linux's alleged "patent infringements).

I was able to snap some pictures which can be found here. There is also a flickr feed of pictures from FSOSS. The tag is "fsoss 2007".

To top it all off, I won a ticket to see tonight's Raptor's game and they kicked ass! I have uploaded some pictures of that here.

A brilliant success for the first day. Thanks to the speakers and everyone who helped to organize this event. I cannot wait to see what tomorrow holds.

Stay tuned for my report on Day 2.

No comments: